Explore Your Options for Hair Loss Treatment
Newport Beach, CA
At Varona Hair Restoration in Newport Beach, we offer a full range of both surgical and non-surgical options for treating hair loss. Whether your goal is to manage early symptoms or you’re seeking a long-term solution, we can create a personalized treatment plan to help you achieve your goals. Begin your hair restoration journey today by exploring our most popular treatments below.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
Follicular unit extraction is considered to be one of the leading methods of hair restoration. This procedure involves taking hair grafts from the back of the patient’s head and transplanting them into thinning areas for thicker density and an improved hairline. In terms of scarring, it leaves the scalp looking virtually untouched. Dr. Christopher Varona is renowned for his expertise with this procedure. He has helped thousands of patients restore their confidence and their looks with follicular unit extraction.
This procedure is right for patients who:
- Are seeking a long-term solution to hair loss
- Don’t mind having their head shaved for treatment
- Need moderate-substantial improvement of hair density
- Want superior results without visible scarring
- Want the freedom of wearing shorter hairstyles without visible linear scarring
Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
Follicular unit transplantation is another popular option for those considering surgical hair restoration. Sometimes referred to as “strip surgery,” this procedure involves removing a small strip of tissue from the back of the patient’s head. The individual grafts are carefully dissected from the tissue and transplanted into thinning areas. This procedure does leave a fine linear scar, but it is covered by most hairstyles. A benefit of FUT surgery is that it can produce a significant amount of grafts in one session.
This procedure is right for patients who:
- Are seeking a long-lasting hair loss treatment
- Want a significant increase of hair density
- Don’t mind having a linear scar on the back of the head
- Don’t want to have their head shaved for treatment
Many patients experience excellent results with medication before pursuing surgical hair restoration. Some also find it beneficial to combine medication with hair restoration surgery for a comprehensive treatment plan. The leading medications for hair loss treatment include Finasteride (Propecia) and Minoxidil (Rogaine®). These medications function in different ways, but they are both effective at managing the symptoms of hair loss.
Propecia helps control hair loss by inhibiting the production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which is a male hormone that has been associated with miniaturization of hair follicles. Rogaine® is a topical treatment that widens blood vessels when applied to the scalp. This creates ideal conditions for healthy hair follicles, and it can also revive dormant hair follicles.
These medications are best for people who:
- Are in the early stages of hair loss and want to manage their symptoms
- Don’t feel ready for surgical hair restoration
- Want a supplementary hair loss treatment alongside surgical options
PRP and Stem Cell Therapy
PRP therapy is a cutting-edge hair loss treatment that requires no surgery and virtually no downtime. This procedure involves extracting platelets from the patient’s own blood, and then injecting the platelet-rich plasma into the patient’s scalp. Blood platelets are known for their regenerative properties, and when used as a hair loss treatment, they can effectively stimulate follicles for healthy growth.
This procedure is a great option for men and women who:
- Are seeking a non-surgical hair loss treatment
- Want to prevent future hair thinning or manage early hair loss
- Want to enhance the overall results of hair restoration surgery
Scalp micropigmentation is one of the latest non-surgical hair loss treatments. This minimally invasive procedure can restore the appearance of hair with a medical tattoo. The specialists at Varona Hair Restoration use a very fine needle to apply subdermal pigment. They can expertly match the appearance of your natural hair, whether you need brush-strokes to fill in a widening part or dot-like impressions to look like a full head of shaved hair. Both men and women find this procedure to be an excellent choice for managing mild cases of hair loss.
This treatment is a great option for people who:
- Are not seeking surgical hair restoration
- Want to fill in a widening part, cover up scars, or reduce the appearance of thinning areas
- Don’t mind having touch-up treatments every few years